Saturday, November 23, 2013

Honk!

God parent/child




With mom and dad









Nov 23:

Maria had the lead female role in their high school musical "Honk!".  And she did a wonderful job - she has a beautiful voice.






The serious story:
This is a variation of the "Ugly Duckling" story.  The story is one with a heavy social message - no matter how "different" you are, you will be loved and appreciated, and you should hold your head high. 





The funny parts:
Some of the lines were quite funny.  Here are some of them...

o  Mother duck says to baby duck...  don't swim out to the island, that i much too far for you, it is further than it seems.  Even I have only been that far once, and it was with your father, when we were dating...  I should never have allowed him to talk me in to going that far with him.  (I thought that was very clever).




o  The frog coughs and croaks and finally says "I have a human in my throat"

o  Mother duck says to father duck, "all you know to do is to be a duck, to duck your responsibilities".






o  Big patch of grass (a prop - about 3' x 4') falls down with a big splat.  Swan says "even the grass is dying, it i time for us to migrate south".





There was a huge cast - I am impressed that they could keep it all going and keep people corralled with so many people involved.  Hats off to the high school kids.


Second Row






























No comments: