Feb 4, 2015
Step. Step. Step. I hear her walking around the house. Step. Step. It is about 8am and I am still in bed. Step. Step. Raining outside. Step. Step. I call out to her - what are you doing. She says - where is he? I looked all over for him. I say - he is in the hospital. Puzzled look. I say - his muscles are a bit weak, they are making them strong. Oh, OK.
Later... How about food? They give them good food there. Don't we have to take his meals? No, he gets good food there. He had penne pasta with chicken and alfredo sauce for dinner last night, and salmon with broccoli and rice pilaf and chocolate pudding for lunch today. But where do they get food from? They cook right there. There is a kitchen in the hospital. It's like a hotel. Oh, OK.
Now that you are here, is he coming home? Are we going there go bring him home? No, no. He is not coming home tonight. They are massaging his legs and arms and doing physical therapy, to make him strong. When he can walk, he will come home. But, why can't we bring him back home? I can massage his arms and legs. But he can't walk. How can we bring him home? We can't carry him like a baby! I can carry him, I can bring him home and take care of him. Let's go see how he is doing - he might be doing better today. OK.
When is he coming home? We don't know yet, but it is not today. Why does he have to stay there? So that they can make him feel better. Oh, his arms are weak, and his legs are weak - right? Right. When will he come home? We don't know yet, but it will not be today. Oh? He has a really nice room there, has his own bed, his own room, with a really pretty sliding glass door, cuts out all the noise from the outside, he can sleep comfortably. And they give him really good food too. They take really good care of him there. Oh, OK.
Where is he? I went all over the house looking for him. He is in the hospital. Oh, yes, yes. Do you know why he is in the hospital? Yes, his arm is not strong. Yes. We will bring him home when he is stronger. Yes. Yes.
No comments:
Post a Comment