Dec 29th:
Dominique and I had lunch at the Co-op a few day ago. I had a garbanzo salad that was quite heavenly. So, I poked around on the web and found one that seemed like it, and made it tonight. It was delicious! I am happy.
-------- -------- -------- -------- --------
Here is the recipe... It came from OregonLive.com
TANGY-SWEET GARBANZO BEANS SALAD
By Martha Holmberg, The Oregonian
From Nocino Liqueur, Makes a Perfect Summertime Backyard Party, by Martha Holmberg, June 09/July 09
Makes 6 to 8 servings
2 cups dried garbanzo beans (or three 15-ounce cans, drained and rinsed)
Half a preserved lemon, chopped (or 1 large fresh lemon, juice and zest)
1 1/2 cups celery, sliced thinly on the bias
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/4 cup roughly chopped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley leaves
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
If using canned garbanzo beans, skip this cooking process. If using dried garbanzo beans, put them in a bowl, cover them with cool water, about 1 quart; let chickpeas soak at room temperature overnight, or at least 8 hours.
Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans, then pour them into large pot and cover with water by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer until they're soft to the bite but not mushy, about an hour (longer if you don't soak them). Once garbanzo beans are done, drain and rinse them.
In a large bowl, combine the garbanzo beans, preserved lemon, celery, raisins, parsley, oil, vinegar and salt and pepper and toss to mix. Let sit at room temperature for at least an hour, then taste and adjust seasoning before serving.
** I had never heard of Champagne Vinegar. So I used rice wine vinegar.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment