Monday, June 29, 2015

Digging in the dirt

June 29, 2015


I am happy.  I got to dig in the dirt.
Actually, Batu dug a hole in the ground and brought me some compost.
I prepared the hole, took the plant out of the pot and put it in the ground.
I love digging in the dirt. 
It takes me to my happy place.



I had been wanting some kind of climbing plant for the patio so that it can run along the rafters and keep the patio from heating up too much.  I finally got Lokka to agree to that idea.  My original idea was for a wisteria, but he doesn't like them - grows much too fast in this climate, goes out of control fast.  So, we agreed on a grape vine.






Rattana took me to her favorite nursery and I asked them for their sweetest red grape, and this is what they gave me.  It has tiny bunches of grapes on it.  I hope they mature so that we can taste some this summer.











No comments: