Note Pink Arrow: "Heat Index = 98F" ie. Feels like 98F
Lots of interesting activities and pictures from the last week, but it has been so very hot - apparently Colombo broke a high-temp record one day last week - that I haven't been able to focus, to sit at the computer to write stories and publish pictures. I am collapsed like a beached whale!!!
I will write my stories of the last week - places I went, people I saw, foods I ate, wildlife... and update the blog if/when it gets cooler.
Hi - yes! I am disappointed that my body has not adjusted after all this time. Makes me feel like an outsider, like I have permanently severed any ties, like I can no longer be a local, like I don't belong anymore - sad :(
I also feel like a wimp - to come to a warm climate and then constantly talk about the heat is silly. I should be able to take it like the rest of the population and adjust quickly - after all I am from here - I lived here for half my life.
Oh well - it is what it is.
Just took a cold water shower and now 30 min later I have rivulets going down the front and back! Other than the heat, life is wonderful :) :) :)
2 comments:
too hot to type. now that's hot!!! :)
Hi - yes! I am disappointed that my body has not adjusted after all this time. Makes me feel like an outsider, like I have permanently severed any ties, like I can no longer be a local, like I don't belong anymore - sad :(
I also feel like a wimp - to come to a warm climate and then constantly talk about the heat is silly. I should be able to take it like the rest of the population and adjust quickly - after all I am from here - I lived here for half my life.
Oh well - it is what it is.
Just took a cold water shower and now 30 min later I have rivulets going down the front and back! Other than the heat, life is wonderful :) :) :)
Post a Comment