Thursday, April 11, 2013

My Fortress was Breached, and Bombay Toast

April 12th:

My fortress was breached last night and I was attacked relentlessly and now I have battle scars.  A mosquito "the size of a crow" breached my net last night and stung me several times.  After its all-night feast it was also unwittingly trapped in the net.  So I turned the net inside out and let her out (her = I have heard that the blood sucking ones are female, and that the males take nectar from flowers since they don't need to incubate eggs).

Now I am sitting in the varendah taking in the somewhat cooler air and daybreak and bird calls and the town slowly coming to life at 6am.

I offered to make Bombay toast for breakfast today - so I should stop writing and get to work in the kitchen soon  :)

Funny story...  Yesterday I Nanda assured me that we have bread for the Bombay Toast.  Last night at dinner I checked again, and she assures me again, but this it comes out that "there is bread" means that there is bread at the bakery and someone needs to go get some in the morning.  Since she prefers fresh bread, she doesn't keep bread in the house overnight.  I guess I was not specific enough in my question to her regarding having bread - hahaha.

No comments: