Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Half Marathon

Oct 22:


Rattana and Ma'


She asked me if I would run a half marathon with her - I said no, but I would walk a half marathon with her.  Today was the day.  And at the last minute her mom (Ma') also decided to join us.  

We walked on the Fanno Creek trail - first from home to Garden Home and back; and then in the other direction to Tigard (Johnson Street) and back.  Ma' did the whole thing - not bad for being 70-something!

I checked our distance on the map - it was 13.6 miles, a little bit more than a half marathon.  Good for us!

Now she is talking about walking a whole marathon - and if not, at least 17 miles - maybe next week!  Yikes!!!!!



Mushrooms we saw on the way...
Unfortunately, none of them were edible


















Critters we saw on the way...




















Berries and leaves...














3 comments:

Crooked Tale said...

i so miss these colors!

Crooked Tale said...

it's k, btw

KL said...

Fall is not like this where you are??? K.