I have been to the Grand canyon before, but had never spent a whole day there. I loved it, I couldn't get enough of it (ask Upalika Akka!) By the end of the day, she (and the others too) had had their fill of the Grand Canyon (quote: It is beautiful and majestic, but it all looks the same no matter where you look at it from). Everyone had had more than enough, but I still wanted to stop and look from each view point.
![]() |
| This is where we stayed |
![]() |
| The views - note the little people on the ridge |
![]() |
| The views |
![]() |
| Getting the perfect shot Hard to do because of the haze Even though it snowed hard the day before, there still was a haze |
![]() |
| A glimpse of the Colorado river, near center of picture |
![]() |
| Scenery |
![]() |
| I like these dead trees |
![]() |
| Scenery |
I was fantasizing about hiking down to the bottom, to the Colorado river. I was envisioning the sounds I would hear, the feeling of solitude of a long hike (13 miles one way), looking up to see the canyon walls etc. I get in to my "zone" when I hike, even though there are always other people with me - I never hike alone. I would really like to hike there.
![]() |
| Switchbacks - close up |
![]() |
| Same switchbacks (middle left) with majestic background |
![]() |
| A hiking trail way down there, disappearing in to the trees |
![]() |
| Same hiking trail - different perspective |
![]() |
| Start of one of the hikes |
![]() |
| Trail |
![]() |
| Someday I will do more than just pose at the trail head :) |
Much to everyone's relief, the sun went down and I was finally ready to leave the Grand Canyon. We got to our next destination - Las Vegas - about midnight.
![]() |
| Interesting bumper stickers |
![]() |
| Interesting bumper stickers at the Grand Canyon |
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment