Thursday, September 5, 2013

Puzzle

Sept 5th:

Katie T and I both like jigsaw puzzle.  When KT was visiting we finished a small puzzle (~350 piece) and then we started on a new puzzle.  A complicated one, complicated for 2 reasons...  1) it had 750 pieces and 2) it was a collage of 16 separate images, all of the same beige/brown color scheme.

We started it about 6 weeks ago.  Then we both were out of town, and when I came back earlier this week I went at it in earnest.  And today, I have finished it  :)  I think I will let it sit on my dining table for a while - I don't want to tear it down right away.



The original image is Bev Doolittle's "The Earth is my Mother"
It is made up of 16 individual pictures that, from a distance,
look like a woman' face.  But each picture is a study of nature -
trees, rocks, streams, deer, bears, wolves, birds, squirrels, fish etc



KT and I started it in late July


As of midnight last night


As of lunch time today :)
Too bad we have lost 2 pieces







No comments: