Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Blinds

Jan 15th:

I have been operating without window coverings for a while now - the living room blind broke about a year ago, and I had not replaced it.  And the one in the bedroom I had taken down when I painted the walls about 3 years ago...


The Tools
 Yesterday, I finally took the measurements and went off to Lowe's and got myself 2 blinds - a light permeating blind for the living room, and a black out blind for the bedroom.  And...  I installed them today.

The instructions say it takes 15 minutes.  I believe the first one took me close to an hour!  But the second one only took about 20 minutes.  The worst part is holding your arms above your head while drilling holes in to the top of the window frame - it makes your arms hurt!



Blind installed, and all the
way up



Blind pulled half way down



Blind all the way down
Let in some light











This one allows light
to come through


This one is a
black-out blind



No comments: