![]() |
| I took a picture of someone coming down a hill |
Jan 10th:
![]() |
| Beautiful trees, heavy with snow. Two people resting by the trees |
Patrice was going up to Bogus anyway to volunteer with Snow School, so I caught a ride with her and went skiing. It was my first time in two years - injured my knee 2 year ago skiing, and re-injured a year ago playing badminton.
I played on the "bunny" hill for a while and then went up to Showcase. It was extremely foggy up there and visibility was very poor. But since I had skied this run a million times, I wasn't worried.
![]() |
| Chair lift... Chairs and mountain disappear in to the fog |
At the top of Showcase I skied a wide left and a wide right, and went too wide and crossed over the groomed area over to the slush - and as was to be expected, crashed. It was too foggy to tell where the grooming ended and the slush began. I got myself up and then skied a narrow path in the middle of the run. Halfway down the fog thinned and all was well again.
![]() |
| Skis and snowboards parked while owners take a break inside the lodge |
But even with the fall, it was a good day of skiing. I always enjoy the peace and quiet and serenity of being out there. And it seems I have not forgotten how to do it after being gone for 2 years. An added bonus - the knee held up well - didn't complain at all.
![]() |
| A little one with an instructor, a glimpse of blue skies far away |
![]() |
| Very foggy as you went higher up the mountain |
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment