Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Old HP Day

March 18th:

Met two friends from the old work place... Cliff and Kim.

First I drove to Corvallis and met Cliff (he bicycled) at Nearly Normal's - the vegetarian place.  I like their setting and their food - except for Cliff's desert which we were sure that they accidentally used the salt instead of the sugar!!!  He couldn't eat it!  It was good to catch up with him - we talked about families and kids and friends and hobbies.  Two hours went by in no time...!




Enjoyed the beautiful grounds that I didn't
have time to enjoy when I worked there
Then I stopped by HP to see Chuki.  Hung out for a while and then went to the Credit Union.  It so happens that the lady who served me knew Chuki and also happened to be Lokka's apartment manager when he lived in an apartment 25 years ago!  What a small world!









In the evening I had dinner with Kim and Ron - coincidentally, at a vegetarian restaurant again - Veggie Grill.  We talked about kids and college - Robbie will be in college next year.  Ron had to leave early for his volunteer work, but Kim and I stayed on for a few more hours.

Kim

Ron

Me
















It is always nice to catch up with people that I like.  We agreed that the next time we meet, it will be the 3 of us together, and possibly families included too.

No comments: