Thursday, March 6, 2014

Veni Vidi Vici... One way ticket to a car

March 4th/5th:

I came - I saw - I conquered!

Paul saw a car in Boise that would work perfectly for my needs.  Given my old car had 200,000 miles on it, it was time...  My friends and family would say it was well past time!

On TUE I flew in on a one way ticket.  Patrice picked me up and we both test drove the car.  We drove it to Eagle and Paul test drove the car.  I scheduled a check up with the dealership for the next day.



I flew in on Montana State Bobcats' plane

Pretty clouds


View of Bogus Basin from Patrice's deck

WED, the test came out clean.  So, I bought the car.  2011 Subaru Legacy Outback, 39,000 miles.

Driving back to Oregon in a few days.



"new" to me  :)

39K miles













I am relieved that this whole car buying episode is now behind me.  My friends and family are even more relieved that it is over that they don't have to spend any more time accompanying me on my countless test-drives!

I looked in earnest for about 1 month in the fall, but couldn't find one that "spoke to me".  Then I again looked for the past 2 weeks, and found this one.  More than "speaking to me", I just got tired of the looking, and thought "this will do".  It also helped that my friends and family were quite convinced that this will be perfect for my needs.


March 15th update:
I have been driving the car for a while now, and I have begun to like it, like it quite a bit.  It makes me smile to drive it.  So, it was a good call to get this car  :)

No comments: