Sunday, March 30, 2014

Road Trip - Day 2 of 11

March 29th:

I had been looking forward to a hike in the PSP foothills for a long time.  I researched it on line and had grand plans.  We even got in the car and went to pickup Don, Scott, Matt and then I just couldn't do it - my allergies were making me just miserable.  So, I drove home, took some medicine, and went to bed :(   

The flower arrangements were beautiful
Each table had one of these

And there were a few of these
large arrangements too
The big party was in the evening - the party was originally planned several months ago to celebrate their 10th anniversary together, so, it was a surprise to most people that they had also got married the night before.

The cake - they wanted a simple, elegant cake
Bryce was just being facetious when he told
them he wanted lots of flowers on the cake!!!
Luckily, the cake was still elegant - flowers and all!!





The couple had to get there early for photos.  Sue and Genevre arrived in the evening and the 3 of us went there together.












I didn't take any pictures of the smorgesboard
delicious food.  I just took a picture of one
of the many desserts - the were so cute!


The event was quite grand. It was an outdoor event in the Sculpture Garden of the PSP Art Museum - among the large sculptures and fountains.  And the flower arrangements were just beautiful.  The flowers matched the colors that the grooms wore.  Such attention to detail!!


E and me

Don, me, Scott

The men of the hour, and me
















Everyone got a gift








It was great to see a lot of friends and meet some of B+A's relatives.  The food was great, the event was fun. A few of us stayed back and helped clean up.  We got home about 11 and I was in my pj's and chatting with the rest of them when Sue finally persuaded us that we MUST go out again.  So, it must have been midnight when we all traipsed out again to downtown PSP.  We didn't stay for long. We were back home and in bed by 2:00am, except for Sue who partied all night!  (Not really - but it sounds more fun to say it like that`!).


The couple - back at home

The women - back at home

Sue brought a fruit bouquet

In the middle of the night, when we were all
ready to go to bed, this is where Sue
persuaded us to go to

Jello shots $2
I know how to make these
I could have made a lot of money that night














































I love this picture.  About 1am we came
 back home.  This is just a picture of
B casually leaning against a
dining room chair.  What I like about it
 are the textures and contrasts.


No comments: