Thursday, January 31, 2013

E's Birthday - Repeat

Jan 30th:


P & E's greeting ritual

Eric's birthday is in December.  We celebrated by Eric making dinner for me!!!  So, I thought we needed a re-do. 

The evening started with Pillow dog greeting E by licking E's face.  This is the ritual between the two of them.  P loves E and loves to lick his face.  E is the only person who's face P licks.  She used to jump up at his face for this lick-greeting as soon as he came through the doorway, but now that she is older, E has to sit down before P can do it.


Picture from Momo Restaurant's web page

We went to my new favorite restaurant for dinner - Momo.  They call their cuisine "food of the Himalayas".  Wikipedia says (and so it has to be true!) that a momo is a dumpling served in Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan and the Himalayan states of India.  Regardless of what it is and where it is from, all I can say is that it tastes very good. 


Faluda
Back at home I showed him my on line Spanish class, and he showed me a Language Learning Chat site.  We both drank faluda.  It is fun to share faluda with someone.  I am glad he likes faluda - so far, no one I know likes faluda - it is either too sweet or the seeds are too "weird" or why are there noodles in my drink etc etc.  So, I am glad I can share a faluda with him.


In my pile of reusable bags was a Powell's bag which E loves.  So, now it is his.  What fun it is to give people things they atually like :)  It can be an additional birthday present.

I am inspired to invite him back for another meal - I am thinking... savory crepes and dessert crepes... and faluda  :)

No comments: