Friday, February 15, 2013

My Valentine's Day

Feb 14th:

Red blue brown, leaf stenciled glass
(aka patterned sheets) waiting to be fired
Patterned sheets:

Most people would not have spent Valentine's day this way, but here is what I did...  I was over at the Glass Studio and made patterned sheets with glass powder - using the leaves I picked up on my daily walks when I was in Salem last fall.  Based on how the sheets turnout, I want to incorporate them in to some dishes...  That's the current plan, let's see what I really do with it!




Molten glass at 1700F being
pulled like caramel


Vitrogrtaph Stringer:

While I was there the studio was making vitrograph stringer.  It had been years since I had pulled any vitro, so I had fun pulling vitro for the studio.

The glass is so hot it is glowing orange as it is being pulled.  The rod in my left hand is for wrapping the glass around to create curly pieces of interest.







Feb 15th:

The patterend sheets have been fired.  Now they are ready to be inforporated in to something.  But that will be another day.




No comments: