Friday, February 8, 2013

W's Surgery

Feb 8th:

Willow had a small growth on her eyelid.  It was tiny - smaller than a pin prick.  The Vet knew what it was - it was non-cancerous.  She recommended keeping an eye on it to see if it grew.

It grew!  A year later it was about the size of 3 pin heads now.  If it kept growing it would have caused her to not fully shut her eye, which would have resulted in a continuously teary eye.  So, we decided to surgically remove it.  And as an added bonus (?!?), while she was under anesthesia, she also got her teeth cleaned.

She was so groggy this evening that she didn't have the strength to step off the back seat of the car.  So, she and I went to dinner with my friends together.  She stayed in the car while I went in to the restaurant.  I checked on her sometime later and she was less groggy and rubbing her eye.  Time to take her home.

When we got home, she was recovered enough to get out of the car on her own.  But her legs were very wobbly.  She had some dinner and curled up on her bed and slept.  She seems to appreciate it when I sit on her bed and stroke her head and her back.  Thankfully, she doesn't seem to be in pain.  She must be on some good drugs!! 


I think she will be back to her normal self by tomorrow. 

The stitches will come out in 2 weeks, and then this ordeal will be fully over.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:(
Hope Pillow gets better!

KL said...

Thanks KYT. She is a lot better now. She will get her cone off as well as her stitches off on Tuesday. Love, Auntie K