Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Cooking day...

May 1st:

Today is May Day - a day of rallies and parades and marches and posturing and positioning and politicking - a good day to stay home.  I decided to make a quinoa salad and a cheese cake.  The quinoa turned out well - with all kinds of spices and nuts and cheese...  The cheese cake also turned out well - it was an adventure to cook it because the temperature gage was not working, and because I added some non-standard items such as lime peel and lime juice.

Gihan stopped by because my computer had not worked for 2 days - but just as he showed up the computer was on its best behavior!!!  I gave him some quinoa and cheesecake, both of which he thought was divine (he said it was very good, he didn't really say divine - hehehe).  

BLA and I split the remaining quinoa, LT didn't much care for it.  LT and I split the cheesecake, BLA didn't much care for it.  Can you pick up on the theme...?  I seem to be eating a lot!

Other happenings that day... It rained a lot in the evening - I think the temps must have dropped to the high 70's - yeay!  Later in the evening Tudor Mama and Kalyani Nanda's daughter Anoja akka and her husband dropped by to see BLA/LT for the New Year.  Called Chuki to wish him a happy birthday  :)

3 comments:

Daisy said...

what does BLA and LT stand for again?

KL said...

Hi there!
That stands for how I address this particular aunt and uncle.
BLA = Buddeni Loku Amma (B = her name, LA = roughly translates to older aunt)
LT = Loku Thaththa (roughly translates to older uncle)
Love, K

Chuki said...

Indeed was happy birthday. :)