Saturday, May 4, 2013

Friday evening...

May 3rd:

Our friendly trishaw guy took me to Shanthini's house.  When did I last see her...  1984...?  We reminisced about friend and family and all our numerous coworkers and the fun times we had, and discussed life and meditation.  Her little nephew was visiting from the UK - very cute guy.  We played "This little pig went to market..." about 20 times - maybe more!


Looks soooo young!

Adorable child  :)




















Matching shirts!!?!?

 Then off to Zahara's.  Her nieces are bakers - and so Zahara had the prettiest cupcakes that I have ever seen - ever!  They were a new thing the girls were trying for mothers day - pink roses.  Talked for a while and then off to dinner at the "Dutch Hospital", with Nilly.  It was fun for me to see this place that has now been re-purposed for restaurants.  This used to be the Police Headquarters, and I remember coming here to use the Police Library - to check out Asterix and Tintin and Georgette Heyer books when I was about 11.

Prettiest cupcakes in the world!!

Faluda - homemade
from scratch
(how does everone
look so young??)












Zahara, Kumma, Nilly
Painting the town red on a Friday night!


















Back to Zahara's and chatting until 2:30am - catching up on school friends.  Then up again by 7am.  Breakfast with Mifthia, Hussein and Tallal.  Mifthia made a grand breakfast - we had bread and egg curry and fresh homemade aappa and sambal and...

The grand old house that they lived in for ever is to be torn down and a big high rise building with many many many condos to be built there.  I am sad - they are sadder.  So I took lots of pictures...

The upstairs living room


The grand staircase by the downstairs living room
















No comments: