Monday, May 27, 2013

Quiet

May 28th:

It is very quiet this morning - unnaturally quiet.  We are all missing the liveliness that was in this house for the last 2 weeks.  

After our morning pleasantries BLA, LT and I are each doing our own thing - Indrani is not here yet - maybe she has the day off...  

BLA has opened a new toothbrush in preparation for the dentist appointment later this morning.  She is now off walking in the yard, picking flowers for her morning prayers.  Later she will be on the phone for a while - checking on sisk relatives, checking on temple activities.

LT has prepared himself some oats for breakfast.  After breakfast he will sit by the window and read the newspaper.

I think I will get myself a breakfast of bread and left over tomato curry from last night.  

I am checking email to see everyone's status. It seems Lokka just left SGP, Step just left HK, and Kelli should be in Paris by now.

The monkeys came to the again back yard this morning - I didn't see them, just heard them while I was still in bed.

There is a slight breeze now - the curtains are billowing periodically, and John's pinwheel is turning.  No ceiling fans necessary yet.

A Koha is singing - I wonder if he is still looking for a mate - seems like he might have missed the season!  I hear an atikukula's song, a crow and maybe another five kinds of birds chirping - I can't identify them by name.  A squirrel is going ting-ting-ting-ting.  It seems the morning chorus is dying down now that the sun is up and the birds and creatures all go about their business.

I think I will go to K'pitiya tomorrow...

No comments: