Tuesday, September 18, 2012

K at Tablerock


Mon Sept 17th: Hiked to Table Rock with my friend Marla.  TR is one of my favorite hikes because I can get a good workout in a short time span - 3 miles round trip, 900' elevation gain.  It is difficult for me to find company for this hike because beauty of the trail is not obvious - you need to look for it (no trees, brown hill).  But for having climbed it many, many, many times over the last several years, I still have not got bored with it.

Tue Sept 18th:  I went back to Table Rock today - this time with Willow (dog).  She and I used to do this hike at least once a week in the last couple of years, but this year, she had not been able to hike much all year - old age?  her cancer earlier this year?  I don't know.  But in the last few weeks she has perked up quite a bit  so I took a chance.  My plan was to turn around as soon as she acted tired.  But she led the way, all the way to the top.

Willow is happy because she got to see a wild rabbit and some quail.  I am happy because Willow can hike again and also because I saw a coyote on the hike.

No comments: