Thursday, September 20, 2012

Stack Rock

Stack Rock
Sept 19th:  Stack Rock


"Katie+Katie" picture
Steph and I hiked to the base of Stack Rock today.  ~2600' gross elevation gain, ~9 miles round trip.  It was very nice to hang out with my buddy - just the two of us.  And yes, we solved all of the world's problems, including world hunger  :)  We had to take a "Katie+Katie" picture just for the fun of it.

The smoke from the wild fires was still pretty bad but on a positive note... we saw 12 raptors (hawks?) coasting air currents giving us quite an air show while we had lunch in the shade of a rock.  Also, on the drive back down we saw a raptor sitting down, eating what ever it was he was lucky enough to have caught, while two magpies were flitting about, hoping to catch some leftovers.
  
I am hiking like a crazy person this week as a last ditch effort to get ready for my upcoming hiking trip to Ketchum which starts on Saturday.  I know it is futile - my lung capacity will not improve and my physical strength and endurance will not improve with just 4 days of exercise a few days before I leave on my trip.  But I had to try - and also, I am having fun doing it.  So, it is all good.






No comments: