October 26th:Lynette, Steph and I saw this movie on Friday night - I enjoyed it very much.
The Movie:
Set in NM in the '40's, it is the story of a little boy's relationship with an old family friend who comes to live with them. From her, he learns the art of healing, and gets a glimpse of the mystical. He also experiences the drama of a large family and the fuedal drama of the village.
There is a very informative article on this on Wikipedia.
The movie is classified as an "artsy" movie, and most likely will not come to any theaters near us. I did send an email to The Flicks in Boise to ask them to consider it :)
The Author:
The book was written by a New Mexico author Rudolfo Anaya. He started writing it in 1965 and finally published it in 1972. It was loosely based on his childhood. He was won numerous awards for it. It is on my list of books to read.
No comments:
Post a Comment