Part 1) Sabbatical Party
Even though HP calls the program Early Enhanced Retirement, I am not retiring - I am only taking a 2-year "sabbatical" to be a bum, and then I need a job.
Steph and Don threw a party for me to celebrate my Sabbatical. I enjoyed the gathering of these people - they are people that I fell close to. The company was good, the food was good, the weather was perfect - it was a really nice party. I enjoyed it. I wish I had more time to talk more with everyone.
Dinner was catered from the Bombay Grill, but the desserts were all home made... Chocolate cake - Don, Rhubarb pie - Bryce (with rhubarb from my back yard), Chocolate chip cookies - Katie R (11 yrs), Cheesecake with berries - me (strawberries from by plants, whatever was left over after Willow had foraged!)
Stephanie took pictures...
![]() |
| Abbie, Paul, Ashton, Scott, Katie, Becca, Kelli |
![]() |
| Foreground: Mrs. Hall, Ajit, and a Avi |
![]() |
| Linda B, Leslie H, Gina |
![]() |
| Eric, Patrice, Bryce |
![]() |
| K, Shiva, Marie, Dan, Matt, Jim, Rachel, Ajit, Maria, Victoria |
![]() |
| Dan, Jim, Maria, Victoria |
![]() |
| Steve, K, Abbie, Els, Kelli |
![]() |
| Marilyn, Jim, Indika |
![]() |
| Marie, Don |
![]() |
| Desserts: Cheesecake with (blue/straw/rasp) berries, Chocolate chip cookies, Rhubarb cream pie, Devils chocolate cake. Flowers: Also cosmos in the vase from my yard. |
Part 2) Paint the Town Red
On my last day of work Bryce and Ashton wanted me to go out with them to celebrate my sabbatical, and paint the town red. However, I had put in 15 hour days every day in the 3 weeks prior to my last day at work, and I was worn out. Being the party animal that I am, my big plan for the evening of my last day of work was to drop Willow off at Eric's, come home, take 2 Tylenol PM's and sleep for 12 hours. So, I took a raincheck on the "red" party until the night of the sabbatical party.
Then, after the sabbatical party, Bryce, Ashton and I decided to paint the town red, but came to the conclusion that at "our age" the best we could do might be to paint the down a very light blush. So we went in to downtown Boise and walked around and talked (it was a beautiful night).
We ran in to Nicole and wished her well at the upcoming elections. We stopped by the Balcony and listened to the most horrible Karaoke for about 20 minutes, then walked some more over to the Capitol steps, talked some more - about our hopes and dreams - and then by about 11:30pm, we went home. And the town was a light shade of blush :)










No comments:
Post a Comment