Monday, October 22, 2012

Sleepless in... Phoenix?

October 22nd:  Sleepless in...  Phoenix?

So here's the long version... 

Srianthi and I had not seen each other since 12th grade (many decades ago), but we had recently re-connected via... yes you guessed it, Facebook.  She had invited me to come see her if ever I was in Phoenix, and here I was in Phoenix - so I called.  We agreed to meet each other for lunch. 


Rail stop at Mesa




Public Art - at my rail station




















I took the monorail to Mesa - a 1 hour ride from where I am.  I arrive, I call, I walk around, I call, I walk around some more, I call again etc.  After about 1 hour I decide we have missed each other. 



Monorail map

Poor me, poor me!!  I eat lunch by myself and then I am on the train back home when I get a phone call... It is a "Sleepless in Seattle" moment... It is Srianthi.  We have mistaken the day - I thought it was today and she thought it was tomorrow that we agreed to meet.


Srianthi and me



So I get off the train and take another train back to Mesa.  We talk, talk, talk for about 2 hours and by then she has to get back to work.

I am on the train again, this time going back for real, happy that I got to reconnect with Srianthi.
















No comments: