Thursday, June 13, 2013

Boondoggle...

June 12:

I like unstructured time.  

After visiting Shirani Aunty, Nilly picked me up and we just roamed in a somewhat unstructured manner.  First to a clothing store to return some clothing that didn't fit.  Roamed the store and didn't really find something that needed to be taken home.  Got a cloth bag for me and some Angry Bird erasers for the kids.  We left the store with about $10 worth of merchandise and $70 worth of store credit (they would not refund the money).  I really like the bag that I got.

Then we decided to go to one of the Cinnamons and hang out, talk, listen to the live music.  The music was just awesome...  heart wrenching love songs from my teen and early 20's days.  Instrumentals.  I could have sat there for hours.  Several times I wanted to walk up there and drop some money in to the jar, except that Nilly told me that this is a famous trio and they don't have a jar and you don't tip them.  :)  Who knew!


Pretty fountain at Cinnamon



The sound of the fountain makes this
a calming place

I got some desserts-to-go for BLA/LT and then we were off roaming again.  This time to Zahara's house, to pick up some love cake she had for me.  Chatted for a very short while.  Hussein thinks that I look a lot better than when he first saw me, he thinks this vacation agrees with me.  I agree with his point of view - my compatriot...  my father and he are from the same town.

By this time it is time to let the poor driver get home.  So, off we go...  She fires up her toy, and shows me the pictures of elephants she saw at Yala a few weeks ago.  Very impressive pictures.  

I get dropped off at BLA/LT's house, and off she goes.

BLA/LT are very happy about the desserts from Cinnamon.  It is 9:30pm.  She eats her share right away and he saves his for the next day.

No comments: