Sunday, June 23, 2013

Return trip - billboards



This is my all time favorite - what's with the dentures???  Hahaha
Per Google translate, this says "No teeth, no problem"


June 23rd:

We got a call last night from the bus company - their 2:30pm bus that we were scheduled to be on is broken, can we please catch the 10:30am bus instead?  So we ditch our plans to visit the Burmese temple and our plans for lunch with our new best friend at the Indian restaurant.  The new plan is to sleep in, have breakfast at the hotel, and then go to the bus station.

The bus ride is looooooooong.  What Yahoo Maps says should take 4 hours and 10 minutes took us about 8 hours!!!  The bus travels quite fast, the issue is that they stop every so often, seemingly without reason, and just idle - for about 30 - 45 minutes at a stretch.  Also they detour off the main highway in to tiny roads through villages, to meet people and exchange stuff - presumably used clothes from the night before vs new clothes for the next day.  

I am not sure why the passengers don't complain. They seem to accept this is part of the standard process.  Oh, well! On the good side - the seats were comfortable, there was air conditioning, there were no crying babies or men talking loudly (a joke about the trip up here a couple of days ago).  Also we got to see some off-the-beaten-path villages.

After a while I was quite bored because I can't read in a moving vehicle.  (Side note = I am in the middle of a book that I find quite enthralling, I have to pace myself so that I don't stay up all night and finish it.  I am savoring it - reading one or two chapters a night.  The Road from Elephant Pass by Nihal de Silva).

So, since I was quite bored, I decided to take pictures of the billboards along the highway - through the dirty bus window and the haze.  You can see the haze get more pronounced as we get closer to home.


Google Translate = It is infinite (Coffee ad)


Condo ad

Google Translate says = The Definition of Slim

Google Translate = Pioneering Innovation

Clean, Pleasant, and always Halal
100% Native Muslim issue
Tea is available at all Mydin and Pernama supermarkets

Yusuf Taiyoob Exclusive
Ipho clean, green and build (translation not quite right?)

says = Among the best universities in the world
to study chemical engineering

says = Ignite your life (This is a chewable vitamin C)

says = The best option for all time (product is goats' milk)

Vocational College
Ministry of Education, Malaysia

The Secret of beautiful skin

Pure Coconut Flavor

Creating its own style

Your ultimate choice!

Corrects your arch

No comments: