Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Long drive back, again! Cloud theme...

August 26th:

I have done this trip so many times now - it is almost second nature to me!!!  480 miles.  This time, only one stop - somewhat long - for gas, a sandwich for me, and a walk for W.  We made it in 8 hours.  Lokka made me two awesome sandwiches.  His culinary skills are not very broad, but his sandwiches are so very tasty!!  And he packed me some pop and chips and chocolates.  <3

The theme this time was clouds.  Misty cloud across the gorge;  multi-layered high clouds across the mid section; puffy white clouds towards the end.  It was quite beautiful and fascinating.  And the temps were very pleasant - for the first part of the journey because they just were, and for the later part because of the air conditioning in the car - hahaha.  And of course the bad part... smoke from the wildfires at the destination.  Apparently this smoke is not from the Ketchum fires, but from the Yosemite fires.


Misty low clouds on mountain tops in the gorge

The Columbia from Rowena Point

Low clouds on brown hills

Very Pretty

Added color saturation for effect


In the distance is the farmhouse that I always take a picture of

"Nothing" for mile and miles - I love the solitude!


Over saturated just for fun  :)


Some fields are an emerald green

I like textures in black and white


The haze from wildfires  :(  My eyes are burning



No comments: