Saturday, December 15, 2012

Movie: Life of Pi

December 14th:  Boise/Life of Pi

The Monster is with her cousins (Chico and Shadow, and Katie) in Beaverton, and I am back in Boise for a long weekend. 

Momo's: 
Steph picked me up at the airport and after running some errands we tried out a new restaurant - Momo Food of the Himalayas.  Momo's are something like wontons - they are served with black eyed peas and curries and vegetables and rice - very tasty and very good for you.  We both liked it.

Life of Pi: 
After lunch we went to see the movie Life of Pi.  We both liked it.  I liked the book - I think I read it about 10 years ago - maybe more...  The movie followed the book very closely, so it is no surprise that I liked the movie too.

The story is two fold - the philosophical story is is about a young boy's quest to find god and the practical/physical story is about his journey of over 200 hundred days stranded on the ocean in a life raft. 

From having read the book and then having seen the movie, Steph and I were both puzzling over who Richard Parker represented.  And then after having slept on it, Steph had an a-ha moment the next morning - she figured out who RP is.  And once she said it, it was very obvious to me too.  And now I like the story even more!!!  I think I will read the book again one of these days.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Momo's. We'll have to go together sometime. I want to see Life of Pi. I'll let you know if I get an "a-ha". I enjoy reading your blog. Seems like you are having a great time. Enjoy. Linda

KL said...

Hi Linda - Thanks! Kumudhu