Monday, December 10, 2012

Roger and Cathy

December 9th: 

It had been a year since I met Cathy and Roger, while I was dog sitting for the family while they were in Laos.  We had agreed to share the Laos pictures with them, and finally, a year later, this Sunday was the day.

I made lasagna and salad, and Sue's white wine/ginger ale/juice cocktail, and Rattana made two breads (cheese and peppercorn bread, and vegetable bread) and dessert (macaroons and lemon bars).  We had a nice lunch with Cathy and Roger - talked about the kids, grandkids, and books and movies, and the alternative highschool and magicians and upcoming weddings and bicycle acccidents (they are very interesting people to have a conversation with); and then we watched the Laos slide show.  Halfway through Thaththo joined us - he was at the temple observing sil in the morning and came over in the late afternoon.

I need to check with them again on some good independent movies that they recommended, that are now playing in Portland.


No comments: