| Father and daughter - matching sweaters :) |
It is always nice to see Todd and Yuko. But, this time, I had 2 additional treats. First, Hana was home from college - she came home for dead-week. It was nice to see her after a long time. The next was that Kite happened to call while I was there and so I got to video call (Skype??) with him too. He was house bound (apartment bound?) because they had had a blizzard all night. They were both looking forward to their cousin's wedding in Japan later this month.
As always, I was treated to a great meal - Yuko made awesome pasta with peppers grown on the farm, and Todd made dessert with yogurt and organic blueberries grown on the farm. After I left, I realized we had not tasted the organic apple cider that is brewing in the garage. I will have to do that next time :)
It seems I just missed my opportunity to see the new farm in action and also my opportunity to be a farm hand! The last work for the year was done last week (last of the geese sold to local organic grocer in time for Christmas), and farm operations will not start again until late March.
We sat by the fire and reminisced about old times - Boise, SGP, Sydney when the kids were little... and reminisced about the people we worked with. What a nice evening!
No comments:
Post a Comment