Sunday, December 23, 2012

3 Movies

December 23rd:

In a 24 hours period I watched 3 movies!  I am sure I have seen more movies in December than the other 11 months combined!!!


1) Man of Fire

Thaththo, Ammi, Lokka and I watched this together.  The story was ok but I couldn't watch it in one sitting - too much violence - must take it in small doses.  It is about a body guard (Denzel Washington) of a little girl (Dakota Fanning) who takes revenge on the little girl's kidnappers.  Also has 2 songs that I like...  Blue Bayou - Linda Ronstadt and Oye Como Va.  Both are songs that I have loved since I was a teenager.






2) Vanilla Sky

Lokka, Batu and I watched this.  The story was ok.  It is about a man's (Tom Cruise) convoluted dreams within dreams.  A little hard to follow.  At the end, everything is made clear.  Reminds me of the movie Memento that Bryce and I watched together about 10 years ago, which I liked a lot.





3) Man Who Fell to Earth

It was very late at night and we should have been in bed, but Batu and I decided to watch one more movie.  I believe this was an iconic movie in the 70's - kind of like The Graduate was in the 60's.  It is a story of a man (David Bowie) from another planet coming over to take water to his planet where his people are experiencing a terrible drought. 

Blue Bayou was on this movie too - but this time by Roy Orbison, not Linda Ronstadt - but I like him too :)  Also - Make the World Go Away by Jim Reeves.  I remember hearing Jim Reeves as a little kid - I like him.  No songs by David Bowie - strange!
 

No comments: