Sunday, March 10, 2013

Clean up time

March 10th:

Daylight savings time - yeay!  I had one more hour of daylight tonight.  I cut and pulled and stomped and shoved and did what ever needed done this weekend to get a large portion of the dead organic matter (dried out perennials) our of my yard. 

The monster had a good time eating the dried out apples and pears that had fallen under the trees.  Good apple-leather and pear-leather for her to chew on.  :)

I got my 2 large garbage cans filled to the brim, and that was my signal to stop.  There is a lot more to be cleared out, and pruned, and hacked - but that will have to wait until next week. 

It is too bad the city doesn't collect yard waste separately.  I would compost it myself, but my compost bin is filled to the gills already.



No comments: