Sunday, March 3, 2013

Oak Leaf Dish

March 3:

About 9" x 14"
Finally finished the Oak Leaf dish.  This was the imprint of an oak leaf that I picked up while walking the dog in Oregon last fall.

The first half of the story - making the Oak leaf pattern on a piece of glass - is in a previous post here...
http://kumudhu.blogspot.com/2013/02/my-valentines-day.html



I got distracted with other projects and finally got back to my powder sheets.  Here is the second half of the story...  I cut off the oak leaf section from the pattern sheet that I made, and mixed it with some pieces solid colored glass (off white, brown, butterscotch) and created this platter.  It is about 9" x 14".


Close-up of floating/shadow effect


My favorite feature of this platter is that the leaf icon seems to be "floating" on the surface - sitting on top of the upper sheet of clear glass, casting its shadow on the lower lower sheet of off-white glass.

No comments: