Friday, March 1, 2013

Spring has Sprung!

March 1st:

Even though spring is not officially here until the March solstice, I am declaring it spring because my first crocuses are in bloom.





I have some lavended crocuses "naturalized" into my lawn.  And while the lawn is still pretty freeze-burned, and has not started rejuvenating for spring yet (we had snow again just a couple of days ago!), my crocuses are blooming.


The first yellow crocus is also up - more to come - much more. 

Also, the dark purple crocus is not showing any signs of life quite yet.  But it shouldn't be long...

I just love it when the days start to get longer  :)  :)  :)





March 13th:



The purple crocus is in bloom now - the lavendar is almost gone, and the yellow beginning to decline.








March 18th:

Now the White crocus is up and the others are on the decline.

No comments: