Wednesday, March 13, 2013

REI - paging Marla H

March 13th:

You know this is true because I can't make up such a crazy story, I am not that clever - no one is!

I was at REI with Steph - we thought we would look for stuff for our upcoming trip, and what do we hear... "Paging Marla H, paging Marla H, Please come to the employee assistance desk".  We thought that was odd - is there a new employee called Marla H that needed assistance?  Is there really an employee assistance desk at the store, or did someone make a mistake when they really meant customer assistance?  Just about then we ran in to Hollie who works there, and she too thought it was an odd page.

I knew there was more than one Marla H in this town because my friend Marla has had mix-ups with this other Marla H on previous occasions, so I thought it would be funny to call her - tell her about her being paged.

Me: Hi, its me - did you know you are a popular person at REI?
MH: No - why?
Me: Well - you got paged at REI at employee assistance - they must have a new employee by that name.
MH: When was this?
Me: Just a few minutes ago - I am at REI now.
MH: Really?  I am on the road now - just driving off from REI - I was there a few minutes ago.
Me: Hmmm... Did you by chance leave something behind?
MH: (quick check) Oh yes, I forgot one of my packages.  I will turn around.

A few minutes later Marla is back at REI.  Hollie, Steph and I chat with her for a few minutes, and then she is off to pick up her package, and on her way.  And Steph and I go back to our shopping.

Truth is more incredible than fiction!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Story. Where is the next trip? Linda H

KL said...

Hi Linda - thanks for reading my stories. I have several trips coming up - will send you and email. Love, K.