Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Coffee at Pam and Bruce's House

March 12th:

It is a year since Pam passed away.  There was a small gathering at Pam/Bruce's house for coffee this morning.  It was nice to see people that I hadn't seen in a while.  I think I many have found a new hiking buddy in Denise  :)  Also, yummy quiche - Thanks!  It seems Andria was in a 5x5 reading yesterday at the BCT.  I missed it :(  I will have to catch her when they do the play "for real".  Steve works with Jeff Mullens - one of my all time favorite managers from a few years ago.  Who knew!  Bruce is crazy busy as usual until mid April.  Scott still lives near Eric's house.  Jana's sister is doing a lot better.


Her socks!























But the person I chatted most with is E.  First we played "I can see you, now I can't" - she with a blanket over herself on the couch and peeking at me, me sitting on the window sill.  Then she shared her teddy and bunny with me (I have forgotten their names) - we had them sit down with us, and then we had them go to sleep. 

Next she got a package of blank cards that she needed help stuffing in to envelopes.  I showed her how, and after a few tries she mastered it.  Then she slid them in to the slot with a pull out board to "post mark" them (her words, not mine).  Then she opened the letters and read them.  One was from her friend Jack/Jackson.  She reads aloud what Jackson wrote to her - sooo cute (imaginary friend Jackson, blank card).  I asked her if one was from Tia, and she says "no, it is from Chamonix, France"!!!! 




Then she had to sit in a little basket and rock back and forth until she toppled backwards.  Then... straighten up and repeat - too funny! 

Oh, what fun to be a little kid!  :) 


Abbie, thanks for sharing her with me.

No comments: