Friday, March 22, 2013

Seattle

March 22nd:

Drove over to Seattle yesterday - the weather was crazy - quite extreme in both directions.  Leaving Salem, the weather was very pleasant.  Then - coming through the Wilsonville area I thought I might have to pull over - the rain was so very heavy and the road so very squishy and the visibility so very poor and the splashing from the trucks so very miserable.  But within about 15 miles it had cleared up and it was pleasant again.  I had quite a bit of blue skies too.  Very strange weather.


The venue - beautiful
view from the balcony
(stock photo)

I drove up to the venue just in time to catch Daisy and Katie W.  I watched the first part of the dedication/slide show that Katie put together - it was beautiful, but it made me cry - so I had to walk away.  Katie did an excellent job.  With that kind of talent I think she should seriously consider a communications major.




It was nice to see Daisy and Katie W again, and also to meet Daisy's parents.  And, Helios came later in the evening - I had not seen him since 2000.


"Sleepers in Seattle"
Next door to the bakery
I had to take a picture  :)

Today, the weather is still a little crazy.  The sun is trying to come out but at the same time, we have snow flurries!!!!  Steph sent a picture of snow on the ground in Eagle.  The family took off to visit PSCS where Eric G taught for some time.  Daisy and I ran some errands - She got coffee and I got a biscotti at Starbucks  :).  We got some extra pages for the memory book - my job was to cut the sheets to the right size for the binder, with the fancy scissors - this is a level of responsibility that I can handle  :)  We got some excellent goodies at a local bakery - I think it was called a twice baked croissant with peanut butter stuffing.  Regardless of what it was called, it was excellent!



Daisy loves the glass thing that Steph made for her - with a photo transfer of Daisy's favorite photo.  From a technical point of view, it didn't turn out all that well because the black/white contrast is not very good in the original photo.  But for something that came from the heart, and for what it represents, Daisy loves it, and that makes Steph happy.  Steph said her whole purpose for playing with glass is to touch people's hearts.  So, it is all good  :)

Kevin came from Berkley.  It was great to see Kevin again.  He has such an aura of calmness about him, it is soothing to be around him.  Kevin and I walked over to Lincoln Park in the afternoon and then walked along the shore.  Kevin was sweet enough to walk sloooow - it is apparent to me that I am very out of shape!!!












































This is not even half of it!!!
My poor calves hurt!!

















Kevin found a friend







It was a beautiful day, despite the snow flurries in the morning.  A little chilly, but with some blue sky and dry in the afternoon.  Daisy stayed home in the afternoon and practiced her piano piece and I am sure also enjoyed some quiet time without the hordes of company at the house!!!



No comments: